When Microsoft bought the Danish software in 2002, Navision was added to Microsoft Business Solutions, the ERP division of Microsoft.
In 2007 the ERP division was renamed to Microsoft Dynamics and the product line Navision was called Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
In October 2018, Microsoft Dynamics NAV became part of the platform Dynamics 365 and the name was changed to Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV for transport and logistics
Since 1999, NaviTrans specializes and focuses on logistic software solutions based on Dynamics NAV, in those days known as Navision.
When Microsoft bought Navision, NaviTrans became a Certified Microsoft Reseller and our dedicated team of developers made a point of releasing a new version of NaviTrans on every new release of Dynamics NAV. In December 2018, NaviTrans 13 was released on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, the successor of Dynamics NAV.
Features of Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Microsoft Dynamics NAV delivered integrated functionality to provide support for:
- Financial management
- Supply chain management
- Customer relationship management
- Sales and marketing
- Service management
- Human resource management
- Project & Resource management
- Warehouse management
History of Microsoft Dynamics NAV: Timeline Navision – Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- 1983 to 1987 - PC&C (Personal Computing and Consulting) is founded and the first ever single-user Navision called PC-Plus released, a single-user application with basic accounting functionality.
- 1987 -1990 - first multi-user version of Navision is released in partnership with IBM Denmark, a client/server-based accounting application that allowed multiple users to access the system simultaneously.
- 1990 to 1994 - Navision becomes an international ERP solution. The Navision product sold primarily in Denmark until 1990. From Navision version 3 the product was distributed in other European countries, including Germany and the United Kingdom.
- 1995 to 1999 - Navision Financials - first Windows version. In 1995 the first version of Navision based on Microsoft Windows 95 was released. The success of the product prompted the company to rename itself to Navision Software A/S in 1995.
- 2000 to 2001 - Navision Software merges with competitor Damgaard Data. In 2001 the company changed its name to "Navision A/S".
- 2002 to 2004 - Navision becomes part of Microsoft Business Solutions. On July 11, 2002 Microsoft bought Navision A/S to go with its previous acquisition of Great Plains. Navision became a new division at Microsoft, named Microsoft Business Solutions, which also handled Microsoft CRM.
- 2005 to 2007 the last classic Navision Financials versions. In September 2005 Microsoft re-branded the product and re-released it as Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- 2008 - the new role tailored client. In December 2008 Microsoft released Dynamics NAV 2009, which contains both the original "classic" client, as well as a new three-tier GUI called the RoleTailored Client (RTC).
- In October 2013, Microsoft released Dynamics NAV 2013, which was available with the RTC only, and introduced support for 64-bit Windows operating systems as well as a redesign of storing dimension sets, interoperability with SharePoint, and a web client.
- In October 2014, Microsoft released Dynamics NAV 2015. This version’s improvements feature the tablet client, document reporting using Microsoft Word, Bank Integration, and more.
- In October 2015, Microsoft released NAV 2016 features enhancements in reporting and email integration, deferral accounting, and posting preview function.
- 2018 to - The beginning of a new era: rebranding to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Windows based Navision versions from 1.00 onwards were:
- Navision Financials 1.00: 1.00, 1.00A, 1.00B, 1.10, 1.10A, 1.20, 1.30
- Navision Financials 2.00: 2.00, 2.00A, 2.00B, 2.00C, 2.01, 2.01A, 2.01B
- Navision Financials 2.50: 2.50
- Navision Financials 2.60: 2.60, 2.60A, 2.60B, 2.60C, 2.60D, 2.60E
- Navision Financials 2.65: Introducing the NAS (Navision Application Server)
- Navision Solutions 3.00: 3.00
- Navision Attain 3.01: 3.01, 3.01A, 3.01B
- Navision Attain 3.10: 3.10, 3.10A, 3.10B
- Navision Attain 3.60: 3.60, 3.60A
- Microsoft Business Solutions Navision 3.70: 3.70, 3.70A, 3.70B
- Microsoft Business Solutions NAV 4.00: 4.00, 4.00 SP1, 4.00 SP2, 4.00 SP3
- Dynamics NAV 5.00: 5.00, 5.00 SP1
- Dynamics NAV 2009: ("6.00") 2009, 2009 SP1, 2009 R2
- Dynamics NAV 2013: ("7.00") 2013, ("7.1") 2013 R2
- Dynamics NAV 2015: ("8.00") 2015
- Dynamics NAV 2016: ("9.00") 2016
- Dynamics NAV 2017: ("10.00") 2017
- Dynamics NAV 2018: ("11.00") 2018
- Subsequent versions were rebranded as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central